64% of the cases are under 45
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 1 person with COVID-19 has died.
There has now been a total of 1,803 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Monday, 28 September, the HPSC has been notified of 363 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 35,740 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 172 are men /191 are women
- 64% are under 45 years of age
- 47% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 58 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 154 cases are in Dublin, 40 in Cork, 23 in Donegal, 16 in Wexford, 15 in Roscommon, 14 in Galway, 14 in Monaghan, 11 in Kildare, 11 in Meath, 11 in Wicklow, 9 in Limerick, 6 in Clare, 5 in Mayo, 5 in Tipperary with the remaining 29 cases in 9 counties.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.