Sporting icons support national efforts to combat COVID-19 in new video campaign
Sixteen of Ireland’s most iconic sports stars have joined forces to send a video message to the nation as our country continues to tackle the COVID-19 challenge.
The message is a rousing, rallying call to the Irish people to come together as a nation and adhere to the HSE and government guidelines on staying at home and social distancing, as we try to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The stars plead with the Irish people to Unite by Staying Apart, while paying tribute to our medical practitioners, doctors and nurses on the frontline.
The video features the following 16 Irish sports people:
- Bernard Brogan (All-Ireland football winner with Dublin)
- Joe Canning (All-Ireland hurling winner with Galway)
- Seamus Coleman (Irish football captain)
- Colm Cooper (All-Ireland football winner with Kerry)
- Pádraig Harrington (2020 Ryder Cup captain & 3-time Major winner)
- Robbie Keane (former Irish football captain)
- Shane Lowry (The 2019 Open Champion)
- Kate McCabe (Irish women’s football captain)
- Paul McGrath (former Irish footballer)
- Katie Mullan (Irish women’s hockey captain)
- Annalise Murphy (Irish Olympic athlete)
- Paul O’Connell (former Irish rugby captain)
- Brian O’Driscoll (former Irish rugby captain)
- Peter O’Mahony (Munster captain & Irish rugby player)
- Derval O’Rourke (former Irish Olympic athlete)
- Henry Shefflin (All-Ireland hurling winner with Kilkenny)