The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 2 additional deaths related to COVID-19
1 of these deaths occurred in March, and 1 occurred in April.
There has been a total of 4,785 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Saturday 10th April, the HPSC has been notified of 303 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 240,945* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 167 are men / 135 are women
- 75% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
As of 8am today, 213 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 53 are in ICU. 7 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 8th 2021, 1,045,919 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 735,997 people have received their first dose
- 309,922 people have received their second dose