The roaring 20s are about to begin and this is how to make the most of your holidays!
Holidays, you always feel like you need another holiday!
If you plan carefully, you can almost double your days off.
Here's how you can make the absolute most out of your 2020 leave.
Here are all the bank holidays in 2020. Book annual leave where you see fit.
- Wednesday, Jan 1st 2020. New Year’s Day
- Tuesday 17th March 2020 – St Patricks Day
- Friday 10th April 2020 – Good Friday (Bank Holiday – Not a Public Holiday) *
- Monday 13th April 2020 – Easter Monday
- Monday, May 4th – May Day
- Monday, June 1st 2020- June Bank Holiday
- Monday, August 3rd 2020 – August Bank Holiday
- Monday, October 26th 2020 – October Bank Holiday
- Friday 25th December 2020 – Christmas Day
- Saturday 26th December 2020 – St Stephens Day
- Monday 28th December 2020 – (Banks closed – not a Public Holiday)
- Tuesday 29th December 2020 (Banks closed not a Public Holiday)
*Good Friday is not technically a public holiday. While some schools and businesses close on that day, you have no automatic entitlement to time off work on that day.
If you take April 14th, 15th, 16th & 17th you can get nine days or ten (if your employer closes on Good Friday!) off for just four annual leave days.
If you're someone who wants to get an extra-long Christmas and head away on a winter break or head home to the family for longer, then this is when you need to book time off to get a whopping sixteen days off.
The essential dates to book off in December are the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th and then the 29th, 30th and 31st.
With the combination of Christmas Day and Stephen's Day fall on a Friday & Saturday, the substitute day on the 28th and with the Bank holiday for New year's day gives you sixteen days, using just 7 days holidays.
Enjoy your time off!