A total of 2,640 people will be invited to Windsor Castle to see the couple tie the knot. Including 1,200 of the public! So how do we get on the guest list?
Kensington Palace said in a statement.
“Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle have said they want their Wedding Day to be shaped so as to allow members of the public to feel part of the celebrations too. This wedding, like all weddings, will be a moment of fun and joy that will reflect the characters and values of the Bride and Groom,”
This group will be made up of:
- 1,200 members of the public from every corner of the United Kingdom will be nominated to attend by nine regional Lord Lieutenant offices. The couple has asked that the people chosen are from a broad range of backgrounds and ages, including young people who have shown strong leadership, and those who have served their communities.
- 200 people from a range of charities and organisations which Prince Harry and Ms. Markle have a close association with, including those which Prince Harry serves as Patron.
- 100 pupils from two local schools: The Royal School, Great Park, Windsor and St George’s School, Windsor Castle – both of which have a strong affiliation with the Windsor Castle community.
- 610 Windsor Castle community members, including residents of Windsor Castle and members of the St George’s Chapel community.
- 530 Members of The Royal Households and Crown Estate.