The government's announced its plan for Ireland 2040.
By then, there'll be over a million more people living here.
That means more schools, hospital beds, transport capacity and housing is needed.
Today, the government revealed how the €116 billion is going to be spent.
Here are some of the main points:
- 900 million for the new Limerick to Cork motorway.
- 2 billion for urban regeneration in cities like Limerick, which will see the Limerick 2030 plan being fully developed.
- More investment for Shannon and Knock airports and a 2nd runway at Dublin Airport.
- 22 billion to tackle climate change.
- 25,000 new homes a year by 2020.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ObT-AXnnFsg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>