The Department of Health has announced four more people have died as a result of Covid-19 here.
There has been a further 98 confirmed cases. This means 1,772 people have died as a result of the virus and the total number of confirmed cases is 26,470.
Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team
— Department of Health (@roinnslainte) August 7, 2020
Of the cases notified today;
- 57 are men / 38 are women
- 68% are under 45 years of age
- 67 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 4 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 35 cases are located in Kildare, 26 in Offaly, 6 in Wexford, 5 in Laois, 5 in Dublin, and 21 are spread across ten other counties (Carlow, Cavan, Donegal, Kilkenny, Limerick, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Westmeath and Wicklow).
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.