No more Covid-19 deaths have been reported in the Republic today, and just six new cases.
It brings the total number of cases to 25,766 and the death toll remains at 1,753.
Dr Ronan Glynn, Acting Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said;
“We are now seeing outbreaks of the virus in a range of work settings, including in construction, in fast food outlets and in supermarkets.
“We can’t underestimate how quickly clusters develop."
"We have come so far together, but we need to stay vigilant to prevent a resurgence across the whole country in the coming weeks.
"Many workplaces have introduced the new regimes and safety measures necessary to reopen their businesses."
“With the increase in outbreaks in our communities, I would urge everyone to wear face coverings in healthcare settings and when shopping, including in the supermarket and other indoor retail services.”
Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team
— Department of Health (@roinnslainte) July 20, 2020
Rachel Kenna, Chief Nursing Officer, Department of Health, said;
“Our healthcare workers have been at the front line since March and they deserve our best efforts to continue to minimise the spread of this virus."
“The impact of any increase in cases will be hard on healthcare workers, who have already given so much to keep us safe this year."
“Let’s reward their dedicated and unwavering service by holding firm on COVID-19.”
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.