65% of the cases are under 45 years of age
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 1 person with COVID-19 has died.
There has now been a total of 1,804 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Tuesday, 29 September, the HPSC has been notified of 429 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 36,155* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 203 are men / 226 are women
- 65% are under 45 years of age
- 45% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 77 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 189 cases are in Dublin, 60 in Cork, 31 in Donegal, 28 in Galway, 18 in Kildare, 15 in Wicklow, 15 in Clare, 12 in Limerick, 9 in Meath, 8 in Louth, 7 in Cavan, 7 in Longford, 6 in Laois, 5 in Offaly, 5 in Westmeath, with the remaining 14 cases in 8 counties.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.