Amazon to expand Irish workforce
Amazon will create 1,000 new jobs in Ireland over the next two years.
It will bring the total workforce to 5,000, with the jobs being created across their Dublin and Cork sites.
The roles on offer will range from:
- software development engineers
- network development engineers
- systems development engineers
- optical deployment engineers
- database engineers
- support engineers.
- data centre technicians
- security specialists
- big data specialists
- technical and non-technical programme managers
- account managers.
Amazon says it is also investing in a new 170,000 square foot campus in Charlemont Square in Dublin.
That base will be used for its growing cloud computing workforce and is expected to open in 2022.
While in September 2020, the first of Amazon’s wind farm projects in Ireland will come online.