Want to work with us?
Here are all of the available positions currently at SPIN South West.
Communicorp Media is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Communicorp Media owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and the UK and it continues to be one of the fastest growing radio networks in the world with 21 radio stations in 3 countries.
The SPIN brand is the biggest source of entertainment news in Ireland, breaking news both on-air and online. We are looking for a creative, organised and motivated Entertainment Reporter to join us. The successful candidate must have experience in journalism, with excellent communication, writing and editing skills. The ideal candidate will be able to identify the biggest and most relevant stories for the SPIN audience and deliver engaging content across all platforms.
Responsibilities, skills and Qualifications
What you’ll do:
- Respond quickly to breaking news and viral content around the world
- Develop and turn stories around at a fast pace for both on air and online
- Generate ideas for original video content
- Deliver hourly entertainment bulletins and breaking news stories on air as it happens
- Write scripts and online content
- Ability to read social media analytics and measurement of daily trends
- Interview celebrities
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- Self-motivated, confident with tons of initiative
- Passionate about creativity and curating high-quality innovative content
- Passionate about entertainment news and celebrity culture
- Competency in delivering live on air content
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of creating and editing video content
- Strong understanding of social media analytics
Before you apply, make sure you tick the following boxes:
• Experience writing and delivering entertainment news/updates
• Love all things entertainment and celebrity culture
• Experience in publishing to websites and social media channels
All applicants should apply with CV, cover letter and audio demo by Friday 28th December