With weddings, graduations and debs soon to be upon us, it is essential that we are hair ready! Here at Spin we wanted to bring you some simple steps to help you recreate a salon finish style without the expense! We have teamed up with TRESemmé to bring you expert products for that professional look you can create at home.
1. Before beginning our styling, we suggest that you prep your hair using TRESemmé’s 24 Hour Body Collection. Prep the hair using their Shampoo and Conditioner which contains a unique Volume Control Complex and silk proteins that prevent your hair from falling flat. The ideal ingredient to lock in volume from the root and base of the hair.
2. If your locks aren’t as curly as you’d like, spritz them with TRESemmé’s Heat Protect spray and use your curling tongs to create bigger waves.
3. Next, divide your hair into two main sections. Tie your bottom half into a ponytail. Secure it with either an elastic hair tie that you can snip away later or a thin one that will be concealed.
4. For the top section, we need to create volume into the root. Spritz the under layer sections with TRESemmé’s 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray, with its Volume Control Complex, it volumises roots, creating body and bounce. For a more voluminous look, take each section and tease them from the tip to root, but be sure to keep the curls in the ends.
5. Tie your ponytail into a bun, concealing the hair tie and leave the curled ends loose. Secure your top section around the bun so that the two sections merge. We recommend you leave some strands loose around that face for that softer finish and to clip in a looser fashion at the back so that the curls can be seen from the updo.
6. To finish, spray some of TRESemmé’s Ultimate Hold Hairspray for maximum hold that is humidity resistant and will keep your hair intact for the entire occasion!