Fridays have us like...
This Friday, it's Caramelized Banana Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
What you'll need:
6 tablespoons butter, melted
10 graham crackers
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 bananas, sliced thin
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup half and half
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place graham crackers into a plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
2. Pour the graham cracker crumbs into a bowl and combine with melted butter, mixing until the texture is like slightly wet sand.
3. Press the graham cracker crumbs in an even layer into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
4. In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and peanut butter until well mixed.
5. Add the cream cheese mixture to the springform pan and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
6. In a saucepan on medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, butter, half & half, and cinnamon, and stir until mixture darkens and sugar dissolves into mixture.
7. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the bananas to the saucepan and sauté in sauce for 1-2 minutes on each side. Take off heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Decorate the top of the cheesecake with banana slices and pour over remaining caramel sauce. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
9. Garnish with chocolate or caramel syrup.