Dana White claimed that a warrant is out for Conor McGregor’s arrest after he tried to launch a barrier at a bus at a UFC media event in New York.
The lightweight champion was videoed attempting to throw a rail at the bus after gatecrashing the event in the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
UFC President Dana White said; ‘the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company.’
McGregor broke one of the windows on the bus and cut the face of UFC fighter Michael Chiesa.
“There is a warrant out for Conor McGregor’s arrest, they’re looking for him right now."
“His plane cannot take off, he cannot leave the state of New York with this warrant, he’ll be grounded."
It was revealed yesterday that McGregor would be stripped of his lightweight title, and it would be on the line at UFC 223.
Just spoke to a spokesman for the NYPD. There is no warrant out for Conor McGregor’s arrest at this time, he said. They are, though, looking for him and want to speak with him, the spokesman said. No one has filed charges against McGregor at this moment.— Marc Raimondi (@marc_raimondi) April 5, 2018
As for why this happened today, I’m told from multiple sources with knowledge that the motive was “retaliation” after Khabib Nurmagomedov and his team confronted Artem Lobov, one of Conor McGregor’s teammates and best friends, earlier this week.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 5, 2018
Nurmagomedov said he wasn’t impressed by Team McGregor’s antics.
“I am laughing inside,” Nurmagomedov said. “You broke window? Why? Come inside. You know UFC don’t let you come inside. If you real gangster why don’t you come inside?
“This is big history gangster place. Brooklyn. You want to talk to me? Send me location. We have to talk? I am gonna come, no problem.
“I grew up like this. I don’t grow up throwing chairs at window. This is not my bus.”